When you add job inventory items to estimates (codes 5XX), GEM-CAR creates work orders. You can configure, display, print, and save them from the Point of sales, the Appointment window, the Punch clock, and the history. On this page, you will find the information on how to configure, display, print and save work orders.
For descriptions and examples of the different work order types, see Work order types.
Configure work orders
Default work order
By default, when you create job inventory items, GEM-CAR associates them with the car work order type. To modify this default work order type, change the default work order report model on the Printer tab of the Local configuration window. For more information, see Local configuration: Printers tab: Default models for reports.
Associate work order types with jobs
You can associate work order types with job inventory items. For more information, see Inventory management: Link work orders with jobs.
Display work orders
Display work orders from the Appointment window
To display work orders from the Appointment window, right-click appointments on the Calendar and select Print work order.
Display work orders from the Point of sale
To display work orders from the Point of sale, select the F11 W/O button or F11 on your keyboard.
When you right-click the F11 W/O button, GEM-CAR bypasses the print preview window and directly prints work orders. If you want to reverse the clicking behavior, activate option 40 - Reverse the clicks on the work order button in the General information configuration window. This way, you can directly print work orders with a left click.
Display work orders from the History
To display work orders from the history, follow the instructions below.
- In the Point of sale, select the Magnifying glass button beside the Order No field.
- In the Search window, select a job on the list. You can sort them using the Step drop-down menu and the Archives button.
- Select the Print work order button.
Display the list of work orders for the day
To display the list of work orders for the day, follow the instructions below.
- In the Appointments window, select the Print button.
- When prompted, select No to print the list of work orders.
- In the Print work orders window, select the bays with the Display Selection drop-down menu.
- Enter a date in the Select date field.
- Select the technicians to be included on the list.
- Select the Print button.
Print and export work orders
When you open work orders or the work order list in the Print preview window, select the Print Report button on the top left corner to print them. To save them on your computer, select the Export report button.