How to evaluate your potential for sales on estimates
In this how-to, you will learn how to evaluate your potential for sales on estimates. GEM-CAR 14 users with access to total amounts for estimates in the invoice search window can easily collect the necessary data to make the calculations. For more information, see Security: Modify security options and Security: Display the total amount for estimates in the invoice search window.
Collect the total amounts for estimates in work steps
To display the total amounts for estimates in work steps, follow the instructions below.
- In the Point of sale, select the Magnifying glass button next to the Order No field.
- In the Search window, select a step using the Step dropdown menu.
- Check for the total amount for all documents in this step in the top center of the window.
Around 10% of open estimates and 70% of estimates in the Proposed and rescheduled step end up in sales. Consequently, you can do the following calculations to evaluate your potential for sales on estimates.
- A = Total amount for all estimates in the Appointment - Estimate step
- B = Total amount for all estimates in the Proposed and rescheduled step
- C = A * 0.1
- D = B * 0.7
- C + D = Potential for sales for estimates
More details about estimates in work steps
If you need more information about estimates in work steps, you can print detailed reports. To do so, after having selected a step in the Search window, select the Print button. With the data contained in these reports, you can generate even more precise statistics.